1. Meet Our Cats & Dogs
You can preview our adorable adoptables on our website, Petfinder.com or Adopt-a-Pet.com, or visit our cats and dogs in person at the Coronado Animal Care Facility (ACF).
2. Complete an Application
We have two ways to complete an adoption application:
- Complete an online dog adoption application or cat adoption application.
- Complete an application in person at the Coronado Animal Care Facility.
Applications are considered in the order they are received. Please note that the ACF staff is not aware of all applications submitted, so they will not be able to answer questions relating to all applications on file for an animal.
3. Adoption Interview
Cat and dog adoption counselors will review your application and will help to decide if the animal which interests you is a good match for your lifestyle. If necessary, the counselor will direct you to any other pets that may be appropriate. If you do not find a new animal companion, your application will be kept on file for three months.
For cat adoptions, an application and interview are required. For dog adoptions, an application, interview and home visit are required.
4. Complete the Adoption
Upon approval by an adoption counselor, a Transfer Agreement must be completed and adoption fee must be paid before you can take your new family member home.
The adoption fee must be paid by cash, check or online.
The adoption fee includes:
- Health Examination by DVM including laboratory tests
- Spay or Neuter Surgery
- Vaccines including rabies (rabies vaccines are only applicable for dogs)
- Starter Packet of Food
- Poop bags (for dogs)
- One kitten/cat – $50
- Two kittens/cats – $75
- Senior cat (10+ years old) – $35
- Two senior cats – $50
- Puppy (11 months or younger) – $175
- Dog (1 year old to 7 years old) – $125
- Two dogs – $200
- Senior Dog (8+ years old) – $65