PAWS of Coronado has an immediate need for assistance with dog-walking scheduling and digitization of adoption files. We hope to find one volunteer who can assist in both areas, but are open to considering more than one individual.
Dog walker scheduling: PAWS adopted Volgistics scheduling software this year for use in scheduling dogwalkers and communicating with volunteers. We feel that our program would benefit from having an additional scheduler. Duties include:
- Becoming proficient in using the software so that you can act as admin and provide help to others
- Working with our scheduling lead to ensure optimal messaging to volunteers about dog profiles, changes to policies or program needs
- Monitoring the dog-walking schedule to make sure available slots are filled
- Managing last minute changes to the dog walking schedule, often remotely and after office hours
Digitization of adoption files: Our adoption teams work with hardcopy files. To save space and improve recordkeeping, we would like to digitize these files once our animals have found forever homes. Other digitization initiatives may follow after the conclusion of this project. In all cases, duties will include:
- Scanning physical files to create digital documents
- Saving them into a logical file structure (as instructed)
- Uploading them to file system (we use Dropbox and it is very easy to learn)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient using a computer, adaptable and willing to learn new things
- Able to work comfortably with limited supervision
- Schedule: we anticipate that these duties could be completed in 8 to 10 hours per week. Our office is open from 9 to 5, M-F. We are flexible as to schedule. Let us know what works for you.
- Training in office procedures and relevant software will be provided.
PAWS of Coronado Office
Orange Avenue between 1st and 2nd streets
To apply for this position, please complete an application here.