To apply for the PAWS Helping Paws program, please submit the application below:
1. I hereby request and agree that PAWS of Coronado (“PAWs”) temporarily take custody of and care for my pet(s) at the Coronado Animal Care Facility (“ACF”) [or in a foster home] during my or my family’s illness. I understand that the ACF is staffed from 8 am until 4:30 pm Pacific time each day and that the facility is not staffed during the hours it is closed. I understand that (1) I am retaining ownership and responsibility for my pet(s), (2) PAWS is taking custody of and caring for my pet(s) at the ACF or [through a foster home] due to the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic and the need to allow quarantined or hospitalized patients to have pet care, (3) PAWS does not normally provide these services for pet owners and (4) PAWS does not and will not have a fiduciary relationship with me or my pet(s) by virtue of this agreement or caring for my pet. _____ [initial here]
2. I understand that PAWS is relying upon the information I am providing about my pet(s) in this application in providing care for my pet(s) and that PAWS may be unaware of material information (such as allergies, current medications, medical conditions, special diets or behavioral history) that could impact decisions that PAWS employees, contractors, or volunteers have to make with respect to my pet.
3. I hereby consent to any veterinary office who has cared for my pet(s) in the past to release vaccine and other veterinary patient records to PAWS or PAWS veterinarian or staff. ______[initial here]
4. I understand that PAWS cannot house any animals that have not be vaccinated and that if PAWS does not have access to current vaccine records, my pet(s) will have to be vaccinated even if the pet’s vaccinations are current and I hereby consent to such vaccinations. _____ [initial here]
5. I understand that PAWS will administer medications that my pet(s) currently takes during hours that the ACF is open and I consent to PAWS and its representatives making all medical decisions with respect to the my pet(s) during the period that my pet is in the custody of PAWS. [To the extent possible, PAWS may seek to consult with you before making any significant medical decision, but it will not do so in the event of an emergency or if you are not reasonably available.]______ [initial here]
6. I understand that my pet may be around other animals who are unfamiliar to my pet, that animal behavior can be unpredictable and that it is possible that my pet could either injure another animal or be injured by another animal while in the care of PAWS.
7. I HEREBY AGREE THAT PAWS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR AND I HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE) AGAINST, AND HOLD PAWS AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING EMOTIONAL DISTRESS OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY ACTIONS OR FAILURES TO ACT OF PAWS OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES [INCLUDING VOLUNTEERS AND FOSTER GIVERS] IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PET(S).