June is not just the start of summer; it is also National Adopt a Cat Month. The American Humane Association started Adopt a Cat Month in 1974 because June marks the start of “kitten season” when millions of kittens are born. (Here in San Diego County we actually have two “kitten seasons”).
This year the need to find homes for kittens and cats is greater than ever. We would like to invite you to check out the cute cats and kittens that are looking for their furever homes at our Cat for Adoption webpage or stop by the Coronado Animal Care Facility. We are open 7 days a week from 9:00 – 11:30am and 12:30 – 4:00pm. Each cat or kitten is spayed/neutered, micro chipped, dewormed, tested negative for FELV & FIV and has had flea preventative applied. Our adoption fees are $50/one cat or $75/pair of cats or kittens.
If you cannot adopt a cat or kitten, you can help support our efforts:
1. Update your Facebook status. Just paste this message into the “What’s on your mind?” box at the top of your page: “June is Adopt-A-Shelter-Cat Month. Save a life: Adopt a cat! https://pawsofcoronado.org/adoptions/cats-for-adoption/
2. Tweet, retweet and repeat the following (or your own brilliant message): “June is Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month. Save a life: Adopt a cat! https://pawsofcoronado.org/adoptions/cats-for-adoption/
3. Donate to PAWS. We are an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. As an animal welfare organization, we do not qualify for state or federal funding. We always have a need for blankets, towels, toys, food and loose change. Sign up for Amazon Smile and choose PAWS of Coronado for your charity. It doesn’t cost you anything and a percentage of each purchase made is donated to PAWS. Click here to make a donation to PAWS and/or learn more about donating.
4. Pass on an understanding of the importance of pet adoption to the next generation. Talk to your kids, nieces, nephews, grandchildren and other up-and-comers about animal shelters and why Adopt a Cat Month, and pet adoption in general, is important.
5. And lastly, always spay and neuter your pets. If money is tight there are several low cost options available throughout the county, including one funded by PAWS of Coronado. Learn more by clicking here.
Thank you for supporting PAWS and National Adopt a Cat Month!