The Executive Director is responsible for overall administration, program department and volunteer leadership and is central to the conceptualization, implementation and management of the organization including oversight of the Animal Care Facility (ACF) staff and programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Vision, Leadership & Strategy
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, create, manage and execute short-term and multi-year objectives.
- Ensure ongoing financial viability of the organization through development and execution of fundraising strategies and financial stewardship.
- Provide leadership and management to programs and operations.
- Work with Board in identifying and securing new partners and donors for program initiatives.
- Oversee partnerships with like organizations, schools, other communities.
- Initiate community engagement strategies to identify and capitalize on new opportunities.
- Ensure key stakeholder satisfaction through ongoing communications.
Programs & Volunteer Oversight
- Identify and implement best practices for program design, management and delivery, with an emphasis on innovation and quality.
- Work with the Board to develop and oversee program strategy and budget.
- Manage and support program staff, including regular staff evaluations.
- Recruit and staff where appropriate.
- Meet regularly with program and administrative staff and volunteers to provide ongoing guidance, feedback, and support to ensure programs are meeting goals and objectives.
- Build a culture of engagement and collaboration across programs and between staff and volunteers.
Evaluation & Reporting
- In cooperation with Board, define success measures for the programs including establishing qualitative and quantitative measurements.
- Provide regular reporting detailing the program activities, strategies, successes and challenges.
- Work with Chief Financial Officer to ensure appropriate financial reporting is delivered to Board.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit management, preference animal welfare organization.
- Fundraising experience.
- Marketing and social media knowledge and experience.
- Self-starting with an entrepreneurial instinct.
- Ability to effectively lead a team.
- Collaborative and effective using influencing skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
- Strategic, big picture thinker that can align programs to achieve the organizational mission.
- Strong writing skills with experience in communicating outcomes to Board, donors and partners.
- Articulate and persuasive communicator, adept at building consensus and fostering sound relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Values growth and self-development.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Comfortable occasionally interacting with animals.
- Salary: $70 to 90K annually – commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include health insurance and paid vacation and sick time.
- Office environment during work hours. Presence may be required at events on weekends and evenings.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your application on ziprecruiter.com