Join Our Team
Please review the Job Functions and Qualifications and apply with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for your interest in joining our rescue team!
Summary: The role of Adoption Coordinator is to promote the adoption of pets from the animal shelter. The position requires the individual to be customer friendly and the ability to communicate well with private organizations and the public. The position includes required duties, including the supervision of employees engaged in shelter operations, promoting pet adoption, and maintaining records from that process and representing the animal shelter during public relations functions.
Essential Job Functions
Processing Adoption Applications: 70%
· Posting adoptable animals on Facebook, IG, Petfinder
· Receiving and responding to all adoption applications
· Pre-screening applicants with phone or email conversations (if necessary, for the animal)
· Scheduling meet and greets (with respect to adoption counselor schedules)
· Facilitate Pet of the Week
· Assist in producing media content for adoptable animals when needed.
Facilitating Adoptions: 15%
· Transporting animals when needed to pre-adoption appointments.
· Preparing adoption paperwork
· Gathering training resources for adopters
Post Adoption Record Keeping – 15%
· Update pet point with adoption details
· Update successful adoption webpage and remove adopted animals from social Media/Petfinder.
Qualifications and Education
· High School degree. Some college experience preferred.
· 1-2 years Animal welfare experience, preferably adoption and/or behavior responsibilities, with kittens, cats, puppies, and dogs. Experience with other animals (e.g., rabbits, guinea pigs) a plus.
· Computer skills.
· Ability to handle animals up to 80 lbs. for transport and adoption interactions.
· Knowledge of basic cat and dog behaviors and ability to explain these behaviors in a clear manner to potential adopters.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team.