During times of uncertainty like today, it’s comforting to know that we are part of a special community that takes care of its residents, whether they are two, sometimes three or four-legged. While there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Coronado, we are heightening our focus on the health of staff at the Coronado Animal Care Facility and PAWS volunteers while we collaboratively care for our animals.
I wanted to take this time to alert you to the fact that we have implemented even more stringent cleaning protocols and are taking the following additional steps to protect our staff, volunteers and visitors:
- Implementing new expanded disinfectant cleaning measures throughout the Animal Care Facility
- Requiring volunteers and visitors use hand-sanitizer upon entering and exiting the Shelter
- Requesting that staff, volunteers and friends experiencing flu-like symptoms remain at home and not visit the Shelter – volunteers, please alert the dog-walking or cat-petting scheduling coordinator if you need to cancel (we’ll handle it)
- Please follow social distancing practices at the Shelter – refrain from handshakes and hugs (save these up for when we’re past this crisis) and allow for six feet of separation between you and others.
- If you’re part of a high-risk group because of age and/or respiratory conditions, we encourage you to stay home. Our animals and we will miss you terribly but we’d rather you are as safe as possible.
- PAWS is a nonprofit and depends on your financial support as well as donations of beds, blankets, food and other items. For the time being, we won’t be accepting any items that are unwrapped.
The Animal Care Facility will remain open to the public until further notice. We operate the Shelter for the City of Coronado and we are closely monitoring their recommendations as well as the CDC as the situation evolves. Should something change, we will alert you to the circumstances at that time.
All of us at PAWS of Coronado are blessed by the contribution of time, talent and treasure by our compassionate and loyal community of volunteers like you. Your commitment helps to ensure the animals of our community are healthy, happy and ready for adoption.
Thank you so much for your support of PAWS of Coronado and our community animals. Please take good care of your family, friends and of yourself.